One Day Wellness Retreat for Women
Move, breathe and nurture yourself at our relaxing retreat on October 15th. Enjoy a delicious day of gentle yoga, walking meditation (outdoors) and deep relaxation.
Date: Saturday, 15th October
- Gentle Yoga, including Restorative poses
- Walking meditation in the garden (weather permitting 🙂
- Yoga Nidra: Deep Relaxation
- Breathing Explorations
- Handout: quick and easy ways to self care
- Yummy organic vegetarian / vegan, gluten free lunch
- healthy treat, snacks
- organic tea / coffee
Booking: legitfit.com/t/omyoga (Go to Timetable, 15 October or Products, Packages)
Mindful Yoga Teacher Training
Training to be a yoga teacher will transform and enrich your life. It is a journey of self-discovery, at times intense but always rewarding. During this unique and accredited 200-hour online training course we will lovingly guide you through the life-changing journey of becoming a yoga teacher.
The course will nurture your personal growth as well as your professional development, giving you the skills to teach yoga safely, mindfully and with joy.
Mindful Yoga is a gentle practice that encourages awareness of subtle sensations and acceptance of the body as it is. Mindful Yoga is therefore ideally suited to a live-online training environment, where physical adjustments are not applicable. Instead, students are invited to let go of tension, to let go of the desire to ‘do’ the perfect pose. This way of practicing builds body awareness, interoception and sensitivity so that students can make safe choices about how to proceed in any given pose. This approach gives the student a sense of agency over their own body which in turn has significant psychological benefits.
- Open Day – learn more about the course, meet the tutors and ask questions (on 14th August 2021)
- 33 days in total, 12 weekends and 9 Saturdays, outstanding live online training with highly experienced tutors, 180 contact hours
- Combines yoga’s ancient wisdom with the latest research in anatomy and neuroscience
- Training videos to facilitate home practice
- Study pods with fellow students
- 20 hours of practical anatomy, specifically tailored to yoga
- Professional support in designing and teaching your first six-week course
- Guided exploration into the depth and relevance of yoga philosophy
- Heart-driven business module to help you get started
- Internationally recognized best practice accreditation with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
- Mentoring and graduate support
The 200-hour training requires you to attend 180 hours of live online training, delivered via Zoom. This is spread over 33 days in total, 12 weekends and 9 Saturdays. For more information, download the course brochure here, fill out the application form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
module one – yoga asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga nidra
- Classical asanas, alignment and variations, establishing your self-practice (tailored yoga to you), pranayama, meditation and mindfulness practices, mantra and mudras, yoga nidra
module two – teaching skills
- Being the teacher, ethics of teaching, clear cueing, lesson planning and sequencing, students’ needs, observing and adjusting, teaching practice, mindful reflection and self care, creative course planning
module three – applied anatomy and physiology
- Structural alignment, bones and joints, the respiratory system, the nervous system and stress response, yoga and the human mind-body.
module four – philosophy and history
- The history of yoga, Patanjali’s eight limbs, yamas and niyamas, prana and the subtle energy body, the chakras, the ethics of yoga, the history and philosophy of mindfulness, self-reflective journaling and accountability.
module five – being a yoga professional and ethical business
- Pricing your classes, booking a venue or teaching online, karma yoga and core values, getting your message clear, picking your platform and sharing your message to attract students, insurance and accreditation, record keeping and tax, continued professional education.
What Others Say
‘The teachers are excellent and it has a lovely vibe – not at all intimidating! The atmosphere is supportive and nurturing. I would highly recommend it!’
‘The trainers include some of the best teachers I have ever had. I have received knowledge for life, on many different levels. Finally I understand more about anatomy. The anatomy training now informs not just my yoga classes but my fitness and conditioning classes too.’
‘Whether you’re looking to become a yoga teacher or simply want to deepen your practice, the yoga teacher training course is the way to go. I cannot recommend it highly enough if you want to change your life for the better. The quality of the teaching was second to none. Paula has been an inspiration and I am so grateful she has guided me on my yoga journey.’