Yoga at the Office
Too much stress, or constant stress, can interfere with numerous physical and mental abilities. How we respond to stress can have a significant impact on our overall health. Yoga can help to relieve stress from the body and mind.
Employees that are happy and healthy are creative, productive team players. The benefits of yoga at work include:
- Decline in stress-related sick occurrences
- Improved concentration and decision-making skills
- Improved employee alertness and ability to react more calmly in demanding situations
- Relief of head, neck and back strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, high blood pressure
- Better customer service
- Enhanced employee attitude and outlook
- General well-being in the workplace which reduces employee turnover
Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and wellness programmes to their employees recorded a reduction in employee sick days.
The practice of yoga and meditation helps us to develop the skill of mindfulness. Numerous scientific studies have demonstrated the benefits of a regular mindfulness practice. These include:
Improved mental and physical well-being
Less anxiety and depression
Learning skills to cope better with stress
Reduction is tension and tiredness
Increased self awareness
Many of the scientific studies on mindfulness have been based on participants who completed the 8 week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction / Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy course. Starting in 2016, Om Yoga will host a series of 8 week MBSR/MBCT courses delivered by the Mindfulness Centre. Please contact us for more information.